Friday, February 27, 2004

Gallery Photo 1: Guardian of the Forest

I thought I'd post some of my favorite photographs in separate postings in the coming months. Give myself a gallery showing. I'm not sure at what frequency but probably not more than 2 per week, and very possibly only one.

These photos are ones that speak to me as a poem. I hope they may speak to others in that same way. Often I've taken a photo and wonder where exactly did that come from. I'm certainly no photographer, but sometimes the stars align while the planets form some meaningful design, and something comes before my camera as I press the button. Over time it becomes an entity of itself. But then again the same thing happens with some of my poems.

Anyways here's a photo of a tree in Maudslay Park in Newburyport. It may not capture that feeling of a forest, the dappled sunlight and the organic living shade. But damned if it isn't its keeper, an ent.


The Guardian of the Forest

Click on photo for somewhat larger image.

No comments: