Sunday, March 28, 2004

Wine Lists

I’ve been blogging for 6 weeks now and I’ve never in that time mentioned additions to my blog lists like many if not all of you do. Tonight I will mention each one that is on the permanent list, the wine list, so to speak, as well as explain the logic behind it all. These blogs have been the single greatest discovery of the past weeks, their honesty, wisdom, humor, interest, writing, and I could go on, have made this journey thrilling.

Currently I’ve divided that wine list into four separate lists: PoetryMerlot, NaturePinotNoir, CultureCabernet, and PoliticalChianti. These are the permanent lists. I think there are three ways for a blog to appear on these lists (it’s something I’ve been formulating in the past 6 weeks): 1. They are blogs that I like to check in on a daily basis. 2. They are blogs that have linked to me. 3. Both (fortuitously most are in this category today).

The Vineyard, on the other hand, is my blogrolling list that includes intriguing places that I have discovered and like to keep tabs on every now and then. They rise to the lists above either when they become part of my daily reading habit, or they link to me. They are sometimes removed for random reasons.

In Poetry Merlot I’ve linked to the following:
In a Dark Time (terrific essays on poets)
Ivy is here (sparkling discussion)
{lime tree} (considered perspectives)
Mike Snider's Formal Blog and Sonnetarium (wonderful formalist dialogue)
Poetry Hut Blog (fantastic daily links)
Silliman's Blog (fascinating dissertations)
The Chatelaine's Poetics (engaging discourse)

In NaturePinotNoir:
Fragments from Floyd (I love the blue ridge)

In CultureCabernet:
a fool in the forest (splendid reflections)
Ruminate (refreshing deliberation)
Antonio Savoradin (excellent if uncategorizable musings)

PoliticalChianti I have discussed in the past, although there now remains only two blogs listed.

In the future, I will try to discuss additions to the lists as they occur, or at least within that week.

No comments: