Where the Deer and Coyote PlayBlithely I go along, and to be continued.
That the wildlife refuge on Plum Island
is not a sanctuary from concerns
of business, home, or everything pop culture,
but topography for being wild—
as shorebirds, songbirds, hawks, coyote, deer,
and that occasional photographer
or poet—is not a thing that every creature
sees. For instance, birders look for Iceland
Gulls, Tri-colored Herons, or Virginia
Rails, and almost never know the land
itself, that wilderness of marshes, dunes,
and start to infinite Atlantic seas.
Monday, February 14, 2005
Turning Prose to Verse
In attempting a short narrative poem, I'm in the process of converting my prose post of 2/9 (Incident at the Lunar New Year) into verse. It’s an interesting experiment. And one that I think could be useful in the future. It’s easier for me to write a narrative in prose. Later I can bang it into verse. Here’s the first three stanzas:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like this poem very much.
Post a Comment