Monday, March 14, 2005

The Journals of GJ Perry: 14-Mar-2005

More snow on Saturday. Not a great storm, but a disturbance nevertheless. The snowflakes were giant-sized and landed on the earth like snowballs thrown from heaven. The roads quickly became slippery. And again I tested my new 4-wheel drive and its persistent motivation. Even when we followed a small car that cut me off on the river road and then proceeded to climb the impending hill at speeds almost less than a walking pace and with a course that slipped like a drunken stroll home, it drove steady. There’s something to be said for such single-mindedness. Although I’ve never had such a quality personally, I appreciate it in this vehicle this winter. It’s like a good boot on a wet trail. And snow becomes only part of the scenery.

No comments: