Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Light Rain / White Light

Mon AM Newburyport Waterfront

There's very light showers, almost individual drops with personalities of their own. This one for example loves to surf the furrows of my forehead as I approach another Monday. If only I could be so free.

No boats are moored in the river yet. The wilderness of water still remains untouched by mast or rigging. Only small ripples from the intermittent rain dot the surface with any movement. Everything else is silent in the shadow of clouds.

All except downriver where a glimmer of sunshine lights the water over Joppa Flats. I think it may be the summer making its approach. Or else the white light of next weekend is greeting the start of this lifeless work week.

2 comments:

Pragmatik said...

What a wonderful image of individual raindrops!

BeckoningChasm said...

Okay, now I can't get that Velvet Underground song out of my head.