Saturday, February 18, 2006

Google's New Texas Policy

Where is Google's Do No Evil policy these days. Chris Murray (http://texfiles.blogspot.com/) has a midnight post I read on Bloglines this morning:
Blogger deleted my last post where I questioned what happened to my other posts. I also see a post from this morning and one from last week about hazing in the Marine Corps have been deleted. Apparently I'm being censored by Blogger, censored for everything I post that names the Marine Corps as perpetuating hazing and its consequences. But hey, Blogger is small potatoes. Wait till those who want me censored see the letter I am sending to Move-On, to GI Rights, and to Congress members. Let's see how long it takes for this post to disappear...
As of 9:00 AM EST, it's not there. Hypocrites! Will a post on a censored post be deleted? If you read this, make it a meme please. Pass it on and on and on.

But hey, maybe it's an honest mistake. Maybe Google mistook Texas for China?

2 comments:

chris said...

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your supportiveness. I was feeling like no one knew what happened. I put in a complaint to Blogger help-line, but I got a generic response. So I put in another, more specific complaint. They haven't gotten back to me. So, I don't know for certain what the heck happened, but it must have something to do with Blogger/Google messing around with my posts. It's probably time for me to figure out another place to blog.

As for the issue of military hazing, it is a huge problem, one that no one is looking into very closely right now, not in the media, nor in public/political life, and since it is so prevalent, certainly the military has reason not to have people looking too closely into it. It's a little hard for me to believe that my tiny little blog would have ruffled anyone's feathers on that issue, but we live in such draconian times and politically weird situations that it would not surprise me.

Thanks again.

Best Wishes,
Chris Murray

chris said...

Hey, just to let you know: apparently Blogger is having "database" trouble, whatever that means, and it may not be just my blog. apparently others are having similar trouble.


chris