Monday, September 04, 2006

Homer in Acadia

Walked along the Shore Path in Acadia yesterday, from Sand Beach to Otter Cliffs. Despite the forecast for rain, the weather was sunny and mostly warm. Down by the water, the sea breeze from the southwest just clipped by, turning the air a bit cooler. I love this area with its pink granite coastline and the deep blue sea. Except for a stretch of time when a light cloud filtered the sun and the ocean before us turned to the wine dark sea. I think it was merlot. Homer would have approved. We drank it in, true enthusiasts of the moment.

1 comment:

Lorianne said...

I remember you were in Acadia the last time I was there: it was a weekend in September, 2004. I'm planning to go back to Acadia later this month, so your journal is making me count the days...