Easter Day
The silver trumpets rang across the Dome:
The people knelt upon the ground with awe:
And borne upon the necks of men I saw,
Like some great God, the Holy Lord of Rome.
Priest-like, he wore a robe more white than foam,
And, king-like, swathed himself in royal red,
Three crowns of gold rose high upon his head:
In splendour and in light the Pope passed home.
My heart stole back across wide wastes of years
To One who wandered by a lonely sea,
And sought in vain for any place of rest:
“Foxes have holes, and every bird its nest,
I, only I, must wander wearily,
And bruise my feet, and drink wine salt with tears.”
-Oscar Wilde
GENTLY ACCORD WITH NATURE
-
Here is something I wrote in 2004: Hokku avoids technology. What does that
mean in practice? It means you will read a lot of hokku about leaves and
streams...
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment