Friday, May 28, 2004

Back to School

Upon Returning to the School I Once Deserted
in memory of BC circa 1971


The campus tower looks less bloodshot than my dreams
reveal behind their chronological
revue. There’s not the I see no sepia extremes
of where weathermen protesteding logical cyclical
destruction misfortune. Lotteries will do not decide
the network news and but Nixon’s not still the one.--
(Myour cell phone service wasn’t nationwide;
and no one we failed to exorcised the Pentagon.)
I was a Tudor in some this different life
and split infinitives to build my a fire;
--I met the rent mortgage, andmade each month my wife.
The government wcould finally retire
my number after I discovered Maine.
It felt like Canada without the pain.
Gregory Perry 2004
This is a first second third(thirteen fifteen hours later) draft of a poem inspired by my return to Boston College on Monday, a school I had attended for 3 semesters in the early Seventies until my high draft number was picked and drove me crazy. For the few, if any, that may be interested, any revisions will be posted on my poems blog the must, thanks to Blogger's new templates for my sudden explosion of new blogs and Mike Snider for this particular idea.

1 comment:

son rivers said...

testing