So often I don’t write far enough into the poem, or I write way past the ending, in search of closure, instead of that pivot point in which my poem ends for me and at the same time opens up for the reader....I like her take on the ending of a poem as a pivot point, the poem as one piece of a puzzle. The ending is not an ending then, but an elbow, knee, or some other joint: a smoky seedy bar on a late Friday night leaning precariously towards the person next to you while barstools tip towards an intoxication of words waiting for another round of calls and a last chance weekend of responses.
A THOUSAND THINGS
-
Now that it will be the night of the Harvest Moon, here is an old autumn
waka by Ōe no Chisato: Looking at the moon,And feeling the sadness In a
thousand t...
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment