Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Eagle Poems "R" Us

Did you ever start to write a particular something? But it doesn’t go in the direction you want it to. Twice I’ve started poems about eagles and they veered into different directions then I had intended. I will of course try again. It will be interesting to see how many unintentional eagle poems I come up with. Of course I’m hoping that it stops at three. But now I’m beginning to have my doubts.
Eagle Business Consulting Services

An eagle doesn’t drive to work on wings
before it’s had its cup of coffee, dark,
no sugar, with a rainbow trout to go.
An eagle never goes anyplace on a lark,
morning commutes included. Eagles are
notoriously single-minded and even
phone their clients from their cars in traffic
leaving every moment unbereaven.
At work an eagle plunges into its job
feet first seizing the day with its razor-sharp
talons and a thirst for drawing first blood.
Eagles are eagle-eyed. They’ll catch a carp
in the muddiest accounting schemes each time.
They are indeed the brand new paradigm.
As always, any criticism and/or advice is welcome and appreciated although not guaranteed to be followed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clever! Creative! Outside-the-box thinking at its height...