Sunday, February 10, 2008

Unbelievable 01:08 - on the nature of nature

from a post I wrote on oprah.com on Tolle's 'New Earth":
I used to travel to Acadia National Park 3 to 4 times a year for that 'fix'.. And it was a 4-5 hour drive for me to get there. Now it appears that I'm able to gather that same 'high' during the week just by paying some attention to the everyday nature around me. Although I have to admit there's some great nature there every day for me. The Merrimack River is almost by my doorstep. But I think the lesson to be learned. for me at least, is we don't have to travel all that far to experience this. Just my walk to my car in the morning is enough! Looking at the trees and the birds. Especially the birds. Saw a flock of robins yesterday and I can't tell you how thrilled I was. First sign of spring and all here in New England. I guess what I'm trying to say, and excuse me for going on. is when you're open to the consciousness in you, you don't have to travel to the ends of the earth to experience it. It's always with you. With this caveat: I'm not sure if I'd feel the same way living in a big city. I'm not at that point yet.



No comments: